Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday 16th

Hey everybody!

On friday afternoon i just got Dusty out and went for a little wander around, then jumped on and rode bareback. Julia asked me if i had ridden bridleless yet, to which i replied 'no'. I walked into the roundpen, took off his halter, and had an awesome ride. Everything was there, it was very very nice. After that i did my forward roll off the back of him which lots of people thought was cool.

On Saturday i had a very lucky opportunity to go spectate a clinic about 30 mins from here. It was my first time seeing him, and most probably my last. Ray Hunt was teaching colt starting, horsemanship and cow working. I stayed all day saturday. It was wonderful listening to him, and trying to take in everything he said, as i'm sure every word meant something! It was a shame about the people he was teaching though, but nevermind. They had no idea, and that's not their fault, but i felt it was a real waste of Ray's knowledge, because the majority of people there will go home, think it was a good clinic and never learn from it. Saying that, 'You can't blame the blind for not seeing.' They will see it eventually...it's all part of the journey!

We went to see a movie in town on Saturday night called Made of Honor. It was very funny. Half the film was set in Scotland though, which made me a bit homesick. They spoke with a proper scottish accent at times, and i cracked up laughing on my own in the cinema until someone translated it in the movie!!! That was funny.

Sunday morning was spent at the laundromat...joy! Meanwhile, the newbies turned up-only 11 this time. Orientation was at 3, so a few of us went to play with our horses and the pond before that. I sent Dusty in at liberty....after he ran off once...:-p I then hopped on bareback and bridleless, checked out my basics, then went riding in the pond. I got soaked up to my knees, but it was great fun. Don't worry mum i had my trainers on.....i didn't ruin my boots. There are some cool pictures which i hope people will send in emails or whatever.

Oh, and something else. A lady turned up on Friday, whose name is Ally(well that's the shortened version) She is a high level dressage rider from Costa Rica, and has come to spend the last 2 weeks with us. After that she will spend 2 weeks riding with Pat. She is a lovely lady, and is a lot of fun too. She's working on her L2 right now, but we watched a couple of video's of her riding and she's a great rider.

Anyway, food calls now! It's lunchtime!

Take care, xxxx

5 comments:

Summer Solstice said...

Wow, Ray Hunt...you lucky girl. He's great, good for you going to that, I bet it was awesome.

You're really having fun out there riding bareback and bridleless, go Elle...yeehaa! ;-)

Shells

Eleonor said...

Yeah, I saw him once too, but I was too inexperienced. I don't remember a lot of what he said, but at least I can brag that I was there... :-)

Noor

In the making said...

Hi Elle

It all sounds so wonderful, and especially since you have the savvy to really benefit from being in ISC.

On a different note, someone from USA e mailed me about a campaign against overuse of drugs in the American racing industry. If you have a moment look on www.hsus.org/horses_equines. American citz can contact congresspeople perhaps more effectively than us Brits. Perhaps you could put in a word amongst your fellow students...

Have a great time on Fluidity 2.

Diana

Sue said...

"I'm sure every word meant something", is that because he's a man of few words ?

Elle said...

hell no mum....he talks a LOT! But every story he tells has a purpose, and i don't believe he is a man that rambles...i think he says every word for a reason.

x