Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday 23rd

Hey guys!

This morning i woke up and saw frost on all the trees just higher than the ranch. That was cool. It was hella cold at night, but in the morning it was a lot better. However, weather got worse during the day-it snowed all of today.

So, we started off with goup remuda again, and then we did a classroom session on human horsenalities, and we tried to figure out where we ended up on the chart. That was very interesting, and also a bit difficult for some people, me included. After that we had a trailer loading session in the big coverall, followed by a workshop which focussed on assertiveness. The aim was to see if we could go up our phases, and not get aggressive. Also just to see what happened. We also had some rope skills tasks to try out, which were pretty fun.

It was around 5 by the time we finished that, so i got Dusty out and took him for some grazing, and to dry off in the big top(the big coverall). Woah! I am totally changing my mind about this horse. He is very LBE, and it is so much fun! He rears, strikes, jumps through the air etc etc. It's awesome!

I've also got some new card games to show you guys when i get home :-) They are very fun, a little dangerous at times though.

Apparently the weather might get better on Sunday. We're off to go do laundry, shopping, and visit the hot springs tomorrow i think. We can also get a bit of a lie in...woohoo! Though i wake up around 5.30 whether we have alarms or not!

In answer to your question Shells, we have a few different areas. There is the savvy park, which is a few acres and has obstacles, and a LARGE pond, then there is the small coverall, which i guess you can fit 2 or 3 50ft round pens in... Then there is the playground, which is pretty big, the big top, the grande arena, which is the huge sand arena you see in dvd's and such, and finally 'the meadow' i think they call it. That's pretty big too. So, there's lots of space, and we can use all of it. I will try and take some overview pictures to bring home. I will try and remember to take my camera with me this weekend!

Have a great playday everyone who will be at Bankhead! I look forward to hearing about it.

It's a little cold to be staying in the pc room for long, so im gonna head back to the lodge. Take care,

Elle xxxx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Elle,

Grounds sound awesome and HUGE, will enjoy seeing your 'cards' they sound very exciting.

I bet you're glad that you live in Scotland, that weather there is NOTHING really is it! lol.

Best wishes, missing you today at the Playday but will be thinking of you having fun on your weekend off.

Love

Shells

In the making said...

Hi Elle

It sounds really exciting to be in Colorado with the snow falling!

The Playday was fun today, I played with Frankie and rode him a bit too. He was very soft and good, a real credit to you. He is not keen on poles on the ground, either on line or freestyle! It took a little threshold work.

I often think of Pagosa and how much I gained from being there.

All best Diana

Anonymous said...

Hi Elle

Sounds like you are having a great time and learning loads, looking forward to talking to you in July.

I had a great time at the Playday playing with Carey. She is so responsive, sweet & sensitive & taught me a thing or two about my own savvy and body language. I also managed to get her into a soft trot round the 50ft pen. To begin with she kept doing the rt brain thing and sped up however, I persisted in asking her quietly & eventually she softened & relaxed which was great to feel.

Your dad & I were watching Summer interact with Lorraine & the others on Sat morning and what a hoot, she looks loads of fun & full of mischief.

Bye for now,
Sharon

Elle said...

Hey Guys,

I'm glad you all had a great time at the playday. I've seen a few pictures, and they look fab!

I'm glad you enjoyed playing with Frankie Diana, and yes your right, he's always had issues with poles!

Sharon, great to hear you and Carey got along so well. She's a real sweetheart. I rode her just before i left, and she was awesome!!!

Keep having fun!

Elle xxx

Summer Solstice said...

Hi Elle,

Great Playday, had fun with mum setting up the challenges with all your playthings in the field.

Everyone challenged themselves really well and we all had lots of stuff to lick and chew on and to take home.

I too had a fun play with Frankie and when I let him go he chose to give me some liberty stick to me which was awesome and made me feel very honoured.

Hope this week for you is good and that you and Dusty have lots of fun

Shells

Eleonor said...

Hello there,

You should have known Dusty is a LBE, he is somewhere on the LHB pack or the level 2 dvd's playing with Allure... Cool horse!

I got an old trotting horse to play with, he's a RBI, but a sweet one, so that is very interesting. He's trying SO hard, never experienced that before. I am defenitely going to apply a bit of LBI strategies to Phaedo when I am home, because he isn't trying that hard, I can see that now... :-D

It is quite interesting to play with a horse that is not dominant AT ALL, makes you very conscious of what your ask, because this is a horse that would jump down a cliff if you asked him to do it.

Oh yes and the hot guy is coming over again, heh-heh, life is great.

Big hug,
Noor

Elle said...

Haha Noor, good luck with the guy :-p

You should know as well as anyone that i'm rubbish at watching DVD's....even when they show stuff here i almost fall asleep...I just can't concentrate. However, i feel slightly better, cos other people have the same problem...doesn't make it right though.

x