Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 21st

Today was a very full day... I am pretty brain dead, but i guess that's a good thing!

This morning started again with our Remuda's, where we talked a bit and did some more games. We played the communication game. That was a lot of fun, and involved a lot of giggling. We also did some classwork on strategies for the different horsenalities, and then had demo's following on from that.

Mark Weiler came to talk to us today after lunch. A few of us already chatted to him last night, but the whole group had a chance to ask questions today. It was very interesting to listen to him, and also very exciting! There is going to be some cool stuff happening this year. Sadly i can't tell you, but be excited!!!

After that we went out and played with our horses. It was a pretty windy and dusty day. The dust flying around is not a lot of fun i can tell you, but hey, nevermind. I discovered i thought i had a LBI, but actually had a mostly LBE today, which was really cool. He reminded me a lot of Frankie today.. hmm how interesting! In the good ways though. I seemed to be able to get him pretty motivated, which was really cool. I think i will try the 45ft line tomorrow and see if we can progress to getting more respect on longer lines. This week is still observation, and i'm trying very hard to observe, remember and compare everything. We have been asked to determine our horses horsenality in different situations, i.e. learning situation, herd situation, new environments etc.

That's it for today folks! Take care and keep it natural!

Elle xxxxx

3 comments:

Summer Solstice said...

Hi Elle,

Now you've got me really excited about what Mark told you. I love surprises.

What is Colorado ISC like, is it like we all think...heaven? Are there many play areas?

Shells

Eleonor said...

It sounds greaaaat. You have me all hot and bothered about going there.

I opened up the telephatic gates but until now, nothing came trough. Either you are keeping all your newfound knowledge to your own, either I am having so many new impressions and learning so much myself (had some major BFO's over the past few days) that there is no room left in my head.

Noor

Elle said...

Noor, it's staying in my head! I wouldn't even tell my mum!