Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday 28th

Hi everyone,

Sorry i haven't posted for a while...been busy. The weekend was pretty relaxing...i was SO tired. Sunday night a few of us went to the hot springs which was amazing. I could have stayed there forever, apart from the fact i was turning into a prune!!!

Monday's theme was the principle games, so games 1,2 and 3. We played with these, and played with giving them purpose, and also playing at liberty. I realised a lot of things that day. Some things were about me, and some things were about my relationship with a horse at home.

Yesterday was all about the yo-yo game. We also had a chance to play zone 5 driving with 2 reins in our remuda's with conga horses, which was fun. Again, we went out and played with giving the yo-yo game a purpose. That is the main theme for this whole week- purpose!
I really learned about 'Cause your idea to be your horses idea, but understand their idea first' yesterday. I kept thinking about stopping Dusty from eating grass, then Terra suggested i try switching sides and driving him back where i wanted him, so that he found my idea much easier than drifing off to eat grass. Obvious really, but isn't that the same with everything!

We also played volleyball on monday night...hilarious. I really cannot play volleyball....... However, i have another 4 weeks to get good at it!

Finally, we had a Q&A session yesterday with John Barr, faculty head, about anything to do with Parelli other than horsemanship. At the end of it, we were all given gift certificates which gave us a discount to a 2 week course, a 4 week course and a 6 week course. This doesn't happen often, and I would like to offer these discounts to anyone who wants to come to the center this year.

The discounts are
2 weeks- $738
4 weeks-$1475
6 weeks- $1991

These gift certificates are only valid until May 31st, so please contact me straight away if you would love this chance to be where i am...at the centre of it all...for less! You need to let me know before the 31st so that i can hand the form in!

Gotta go to remuda now,

Take care,

Elle x

2 comments:

In the making said...

Hi Elle

I would love the chance to visit ISC again, but I know there are many others who have far greater priority since they have not yet been there. So this is just a whisper. And rather a dreamy one at that.

Diana

In the making said...

Just realised that the offer only applies to 2008. That is probably a bit too soon for me.

Best wishes. Diana