Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19th

Hey guys,

So today was our first day! It was hella cool. Had a lot of fun.

Oops, rewind. Yesterday afternoon we met our lease horses....

We were split into 2 groups, one of 5 and one of 4. Each group was sent into a roundpen, with the equivalent number of horses in each. I went in and sat down, and immediately 3 chestnut horses came over to investigate me. They stayed for about 5 mins, checking me out, nibbling me, sniffing me etc. Then this big grey horse walked over and the others buggered off... The grey horse stuck. I found his itchy places, and we were told that if the horses followed us if we walked away, we could halter them up.

When i had him out the pen, Avery came and introduced me to my horse. His name is Dusty. He is the same Dusty as many of you will have seen in DVD's. Anyway, he's fab! I love him to bits already. He whickers when i walk towards his pen, and loves to stand and chill out with me, preferably with grass.

This afternoon we spent shadowing our horses. Dusty likes to eat....a lot. He doesn't have many other ideas apart from eating... At least i have found his motivation! I was just getting to know him today basically, so i'll post more again when i learn some new things or whatever. Right now we're being told to mainly observe the horses.

So, that's it for today. We have a lot of free time, so i might end up posting everyday...we'll see.

Elle xx

4 comments:

Sue said...

I found it Elle, you know me, give me a job to do and it gets done. Dusty's on level 2, dvd 6, chapter 5, segment- putting it all together.He demoed with Katja ;passenger and tit for tat. He's gorgeous- lucky girl being picked by such a cool hunk of horse !!

No scary noises in the night then? Papa bear didn't come to visit?

xx

Eleonor said...

Hear who's talking about unfair... You're at the ISC, I meet yummie boys. You need a bit of balance.

And you wouldn't like him anyway, not your type AT ALL... :p

Great Corinne from me,
and learn well.

Big Hug!

Summer Solstice said...

WOW El,

Dusty is one big horse. Very good looking. Thanks Sue for finding that section, really good footage of him.

Have fun with him El

Shells

Elle said...

Hey Noor, I met a Nadine who knew you from Ralf's place...she is on the course too... Really nice lady :-)

We had one yummy ranch worker guy, but it was his last day today...shame. Well...not really but anyway.